Drawing on your feedback and requests, we have developed Sophos UTM 9.5. This latest update of our award-winning unified threat management (UTM) platform makes managing your IT security easier, faster and more flexible.
And, it includes new features for Web Application Firewall and our next-gen sandboxing technology, Sophos Sandstorm.
So, what does this update include?
Sophos Sandstorm Enhancements
- Datacenter location selection option for Sophos Sandstorm without relying on DNS based location detection
- Sandstorm activity reporting expanded to include email attachments for improved visibility
- Scan exceptions for Sophos Sandstorm to exclude specific filetypes from being sent to Sophos Sandstorm analysis
Web Application Firewall Enhancements
- WAF URL Redirection allows you to redirect traffic for a WAF protected URL to a different backend system or URL
- WAF protection and authentication policy templates were added for common Microsoft services for protection and authentication
- Configure minimum allowed TLS version to improve security
- WAF Proxy Protocol Support to use the client IP info inside the ProxyProtocol header to make policy decisions and improve logging
- True File Type Scanning enables you to block uploads and downloads based on MIME type
Management and Reporting Enhancements
- Download all UTM logs in a single archive
- Support Access with SSH is extending the existing Support Access feature
- 64-bit PostgreSQL Database to generate reports with big datasets faster. The existing database will be migrated without impacting any data.
- SNMP Monitoring of full filesystem to integrate UTM filesystem monitoring in regular SNMP based monitoring solutions
- Certificate Expiration Notification 30 days before expiration date via WebAdmin and e-Mail, giving you plenty of notice for certificate renewal
- RESTful API to configure Sophos UTM 9
How to get Sophos UTM 9.5
Free for existing customers, this update is being rolled out to systems via Up2Date in a staged release fashion over the coming weeks. However, there’s no need to wait, everyone running 9.4 can get the latest Up2Date release directly via the Community Blog today and next week the ISOs will be available via the Sophos UTM downloads area.